Problem Gambling Resource Information
The APGSA collection of documents and helpful links to online sources for the national problem gambling community.
- Gambling on Santa’s Surprises?
Lottery Tickets Are Not Suitable Gifts for Youth under 18.
(DECEMBER 7, 2016) Every year thousands of children receive lottery tickets and scratch-offs in holiday stockings and as gifts from relatives. The Association of Problem Gambling Service Administrators (APGSA) wants to spread the word that lottery and other gambling products are NOT for children under age 18.
Read More >>
- National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG)
A private non-profit organization that advocates for problem gambling services in the United States. This website connects to the 34 states with active NCPG affiliate chapters.
- National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG)
The National Center for Responsible Gaming is the only national organization exclusively devoted to funding research that helps increase understanding of pathological and youth gambling and find effective methods of treatment for the disorder. The NCRG is the American Gaming Association’s (AGA) affiliated charity. The site includes a library of NCRG funded research.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- The Brief Addiction Science Information Source (BASIS)Harvard Medical School’s BASIS provides a forum for the free exchange of information related to addiction, and public access to the latest scientific developments and resources in the field. The site includes current and archived issues of the WAGER – Worldwide Addiction Gambling Education Report.
- Responsible Gambling CouncilThe Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to problem gambling prevention.
- National Gambling Impact Study Commission
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA)
- Harvard Medical School, Division on Addictions
- National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at University of Chicago
- University of Minnesota Gambling Research
- Youth Gambling International McGill University
- UCLA Gambling Studies Program
- 2015 – Internet Gambling
A compliance assessment program with guidance on responsible gambling practices for internet gambling.
iCAP Overview – Internet Gambling
- 2014 – Internet Gambling
New Jersey internet gaming one year anniversary – achievements and goals.
2014 – Internet Gambling
- 2010 Arizona Self Exclusion Form
- 2014-2017 – Kansas Problem Gambling & Other Addictions Fund
Strategic Plan Fiscal Years 2014 – 2017
Sponsored by the Kansas Department for Aging & Disability Services
2014-2017 – Kansas Problem Gambling & Other Addictions Fund
- 2012 – Ohio study finds PG baselines
Department of Alcohol & Drug Addiction Services
2012 – Ohio Gambling Survey Presentation – October 2012
- 2011 – Kansas Problem Gambling Treatment News Release
Press release announcing the beginning of state funded treatment services in Kansas. State offers help for Kansans struggling with additions. Casino revenues to help pay for gambling treatment.
2011 – Kansas Problem Gambling Treatment News Release 1-31-11
- 2010 – Arizona Youth Gambling Survey
Contains data tables from current survey as well as comparisons to results from the 2006 and 2008 survey administrations. Provided by the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission.
2010 – Arizona Youth Survey – Youth Gambling